Friday, August 2, 2013

I believe most fervently in liberty, the fundamental base on which American society stands today. In many ways, liberty protects us from the oldest enemy of humanity: tyranny. Liberty allows the individual to express oneself in any manner, whether or not it may differ with the taste and sensibility of others. It allows for open discussion and the unparalleled progression of intellectual and philosophical ideas, despite objections from long-standing tradition. It frees up the individual’s choice of religion, a tool used by tyrants to pit commoners against one another. Liberty grants privacy, protecting the personal lives of the people to the despair of the despots. In all ways, liberty protects the people from those few who seek to operate above the people.
Unfortunately, in many ways, my liberties are being stripped from me. As my government encroaches upon me in nearly every facet of my life, be it through my education, my travels, even on my home computer in the privacy of my house, it has become all-to-clear that the solution is to limit its scope. They operate not for my safety, but for my subservience; my obedience to them guarantees to them the power they desire. It is for this reason that I have taken up the cause of liberty. I wish for my children to grow in a free and prosperous society, not one dictated to by the smallest of minority with disregard to what I believe to be their god-given rights.
Without the fundamental understanding of what constitutes a free society, true champions of liberty such as Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin would be regarded by many as “fanatical”, or “crazy”. I believe that the philosophy put into the founding of America and the constitution that these men had is, in a word, important. It is important to me, my family, and my neighbors, because without it, tyranny would reign supreme in America as it has in every civilization throughout history. I do not wish to see the work of our founders to go to waste, as I fear it soon will; America’s adoption of liberty was in the end, a grand social experiment. In its wake, we have experienced the greatest single boon of production, scientific development, and wealth generation the world has ever known.

This blog will serve to promote the cause of liberty. Each and every individual out there has the ability to communicate through the internet through a variety of outlets to a near-infinite spectrum of new faces out there waiting to hear a message. This is my attempt to start brush fires of liberty in the minds of men.

No comments:

Post a Comment